(60g all purpose
70g whole wheat
670g bread flour)
22g pink himelayan salt
Brown rice flour (to prevent sticking toward end of recipe)
- Autolyse: Mix flour and water in a large bowl gently to make clumps of flour and water. Should look like a shaggy mass! Wait one hour.
- Insert starter and work into dough. Wait 20 minutes
- Pick up dough with your palm, stretch up until it feels like it might break and put back in bowl. Rotate and repeat for all 4 corners of dough ball. Wait 20 minutes
- Repeat step 3
- Add salt to top of dough ball. Repeat step 3
6. Bulk ferment: place dough ball on a baking tray greased with olive oil. Press dough flat and cover with a damp cloth. Wait 2-4 hours.
7. Check dough, if there are air bubbles forming you can go ahead and move to step 8. If not, wait 30 mins more and check again. You may have to wait for up to 4 hours depending on temperature of your house!
8. Shape: Using a dough scraper, wet dough scraper and split dough into two. Fold four times, one overlapping the next until the last fold which should cross across the other folds and help you roll the dough over completely. Do your best to make dough into a circle. It does not have to be perfect!
9. Tension pulls: Pull dough toward you gently to tighten crust. 3-4 gentle pulls. Wait 10 minutes and repeat
10. Coat bread bowls, or towels inside normal bowls with brown rice flour. Place dough upside down inside these bowls. Place bowls inside a large Ziplock bag and place in fridge.
11. Bake! You made it! Place the dough directly from fridge into preheated 450-degree oven. Place 6 ice cubes on bottom of oven.
12. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, and then lower to 435. Bake another 30 minutes.